This is an agriculturist’s drape from the north coastal region of Andhra Pradesh, worn with a tulip opening in front and pleats at the back.
- Sari Length 6.5 meters / 7 yards
- Sari Ekaya
- Sari Detail Banarasi, 100% silk georgette
- Blouse Norblack Norwhite
- Associate Producer Ekaya
How-to Drape Instructions
- With right side of sari against body, and inner end in front, double knot at left waist.
- Pick up lower edge of inner end, and knot at left waist over previous knot.
- Bring outer end of sari clockwise and tuck in at right waist.
- Bring rest of sari one full round clockwise. Drape pallu over right shoulder.
- Make about 6 pleats with remaining portion. Tuck in at center back waist.
- Bring left end of pallu around left waist, and tuck in at right waist.
- Drape pallu loosely over both shoulders.
*For optimal viewing, enable captions (CC) and HD by adjusting settings at film’s lower right hand corner. For helpful basic techniques, select ‘Draping Basics’ under filter options.