This drape from west Bihar requires legs to be shoulder width apart while draping to ensure mobility, as the borders move upwards and are tucked into the waist.
- Sari Length 4.5 meters / 5 yards
- Sari Courtesy of Manisha Gera Baswani
- Sari Detail 100% silk
- Associate Producer Good Earth
How-to Drape Instructions
- Double knot sari at right waist with inner end in front.
- Tuck in outer end at center front waist.
- Bring outer end around the body once anticlockwise.
- Lift and gather a quarter of sari and tuck in at center front waist, bringing it around the body.
- Lift and gather half of the sari and tuck in at center front waist, bringing it around the body.
- Lift and gather three quarters of the sari, bringing it around the body one final time.
- Drape the pallu over both shoulders.
*For optimal viewing, enable captions (CC) and HD by adjusting settings at film’s lower right hand corner. For helpful basic techniques, select ‘Draping Basics’ under filter options.