This drape is worn by the Lodhi community. It is draped between the legs for greater mobility and can be worn formally as well.
- Sari Length 6.5 meters / 7 yards
- Sari Courtesy of Sanjay Garg
- Sari Detail Mae Lugda Tadap Pata, 100% cotton
- Blouse Anavila
- Associate Producer Good Earth
How-to Drape Instructions
- Double knot sari at center front waist with inner end in front.
- Make about 6 pleats with outer end and tuck in at left waist.
- Bring lower edge of outer end between legs and tuck in at center back waist.
- Bring remainder of sari back between legs.
- Bring outer end anticlockwise, measure out waist length and tuck both ends in at center back waist.
- Bring pallu over right shoulder from back to front and tuck in edge at center back waist.
- Drape remaining pallu over the head
*For optimal viewing, enable captions (CC) and HD by adjusting settings at film’s lower right hand corner. For helpful basic techniques, select ‘Draping Basics’ under filter options.