This is a functional between-the-legs drape conducive to the active leg movements of dance.
- Sari Length 8 meters / 9 yards
- Sari Courtesy of Usha Subramanian
- Sari Detail Kanjeevaram, 100% silk
- Blouse Everlane
- Associate Producer Good Earth
How-to Drape Instructions
- Double knot sari at right waist with inner end in front.
- Make about 12 pleats with outer end and tuck in at center front waist.
- Drape pallu anticlockwise and over left shoulder.
- Bring center pleat between legs.
- Spread pleats across back waist and tuck in at center front waist. Adjust legs and borders accordingly.
*For optimal viewing, enable captions (CC) and HD by adjusting settings at film’s lower right hand corner. For helpful basic techniques, select ‘Draping Basics’ under filter options.