This is an adaptable fisherwomen's drape which is often hitched up for greater mobility in water. It is worn with a second upper drape which may also be tied up if necessary.
- Sari Length 8 meters / 9 yards
- Sari Raw Mango
- Sari Detail Chanderi, Silk and cotton
- Odhni Length 1.75 meters / 2 yards
- Odhni Courtesy of Manisha Gera Baswani
- Blouse Rashmi Varma
- Associate Producer Good Earth
How-to Drape Instructions
- Double knot sari at right waist with inner end in front.
- Bring inner end between legs clockwise and hold.
- Bring outer end between legs. Continue draping anticlockwise.
- Keeping knee, gather at left waist, pulling lower edges out to cascade.
- Twist and tuck in at left waist.
- Drape and twist remaining sari anticlockwise, forming a waistband, and tuck in at waist.
- Bring initial inner end between legs and tuck in at center back waist. Adjust legs accordingly.
- Pleat odhni and drape across neck.