This is a lower drape worn by rural communities, shown here with an optional odhni as headcover.
- Sari Length 5.5 meters / 6 yards
- Sari Courtesy of John L. Bissell Foundation
- Sari Detail Narayanpet , 100% cotton, handloom
- Blouse Norblack Norwhite
- Associate Producer Verve
How-to Drape Instructions
- Divide sari in half and double knot at center front waist.
- Drape right half of sari into a loop. Tuck lower edge in at center front waist.
- Drape left half of sari into a loop. Tuck lower edge in at center front waist.
- Bring right half between legs and tuck in at right back waist, leaving a portion hanging.
- Bring left half between legs and tuck in at left back waist, leaving a portion hanging.
- Drape and twist remainders of both halves around either side and tuck ends in at right waist.
- Adjust borders and legs accordingly.
*For optimal viewing, enable captions (CC) and HD by adjusting settings at film’s lower right hand corner. For helpful basic techniques, select ‘Draping Basics’ under filter options.