This is a slight variation of the No. 1 Venukagundaram with a back drape over the pleats. It is worn by the Koorakulavallu agriculturists of coastal Andhra Pradesh.
- Sari Length 6.5 meters / 7 yards
- Sari Raw Mango
- Sari Detail Three shuttle loom, 100% silk
- Blouse Raw Mango
- Associate Producer Good Earth
How-to Drape Instructions
- Double knot sari at left waist with inner end in front.
- Pick up lower edge of inner end, knot and tuck in at left waist.
- Estimate where to begin pleating by taking outer end around clockwise to center back.
- Make about 6 pleats. Tuck in at center back waist and gently pull to fan pleats.
- Bring outer end clockwise to center front and gather from upper edge until halfway.
- Bring outer end once around body and drape pallu over right shoulder.
- Bring remaining end of pallu over left shoulder, leaving a draped back.
*For optimal viewing, enable captions (CC) and HD by adjusting settings at film’s lower right hand corner. For helpful basic techniques, select ‘Draping Basics’ under filter options.