This tribal drape from northern Jharkhand begins with pleats and culminates in a hooded veil. This Banarasi sari is an excellent example of the magnificent effect textile can have on drape.
- Sari Length 5 meters / 5.5 yards
- Sari Courtesy of Anita Lal
- Sari Detail Kanjeevaram, 100% silk
- Blouse Rashmi Varma
- Associate Producer Good Earth
How-to Drape Instructions
- Double knot sari at center front waist with inner end in front.
- Make about 12 pleats with outer end and tuck in at center front waist.
- Bring outer end anticlockwise and drape pallu back to front over right shoulder. Gather pallu over shoulder.
- Tuck in pleats and lightly fan.
- Bring back both edges of pallu into a double knot.
- Loosen pallu and drape over head.
*For optimal viewing, enable captions (CC) and HD by adjusting settings at film’s lower right hand corner. For helpful basic techniques, select ‘Draping Basics’ under filter options.