This is a formal drape worn by upper class Coorgi women that shows off the pallu. This Mysore silk sari has a pure zari (silver) border and belonged to Rani Saheb of Kotda Sangani.
- Sari Length 6.5 meters / 7 yards
- Sari Courtesy of Shakuntala Devi
- Sari Detail Mysore silk, 100% silk
- Associate Producer Good Earth
How-to Drape Instructions
- Double knot sari at right waist with inner end in front.
- Bring outer end anticlockwise and measure at center back waist.
- Make about 6 pleats and tuck in at center back waist. Gently pull to fan pleats.
- Drape pallu across chest, bring back to front over right shoulder and knot edge of pallu with front drape.
*For optimal viewing, enable captions (CC) and HD by adjusting settings at film’s lower right hand corner. For helpful basic techniques, select ‘Draping Basics’ under filter options.