This drape is worn by female characters of the Yakshagana Theatre of southern and coastal Karnataka. This sari is a hand dyed ombre chiffon with floral embroidery from the 1970s.
- Sari Length 8 meters / 9 yards
- Sari Courtesy of Nalini Verma
- Sari Detail 100% silk chiffon, hand dyed
- Blouse Sanjay Garg
- Associate Producer Good Earth
How-to Drape Instructions
- Double knot sari at right waist with inner end in front.
- Make about 6 pleats and tuck in at center front waist.
- Bring outer end piece anticlockwise and drape across chest.
- Bring front to back over the left shoulder and knot edge of pallu with back of drape.