This drape is worn by the Kapu agricultural community of southern Andhra Pradesh. It has a functional short lift at the back and a front ankle length cover which can be lifted up for greater mobility.
- Sari Length 5.5 meters / 6 yards
- Sari Abraham & Thakore
- Sari Detail 100% silk georgette
- Blouse Rashmi Varma
- Associate Producer Good Earth
How-to Drape Instructions
- Double knot sari at left waist with inner end in front.
- Pick up lower edge of inner end and tuck in securely at left waist.
- Pick up lower edge of outer end and make about 12 pleats.
- Tuck pleats in at center front waist.
- Bring outer end once around body clockwise.
- Drape pallu over right shoulder and bring remaining end over left shoulder leaving a draped back.