This two-piece drape has become common since the early 20th century as a formal version of the single piece lower drape. It features a short odhni draped over in deference to elders, particularly male. This odhni is woven with a steel weft.
- Sari Length 4 meters / 4.5 yards
- Sari Abraham & Thakore
- Sari Detail Kota Doria, 100% cotton
- Odhni Length 2.75 meters / 3 yards
- Odhni Akaaro
- Blouse Nicobar
- Associate Producer Good Earth
How-to Drape Instructions
- Drape outer end of sari anticlockwise, keeping inner end in front.
- Fold over upper edge of inner end into a V and double knot at left waist.
- Pleat remaining outer end and tuck in at left waist.
- Tuck edge of odhni in at left waist. Bring back to front and drape over left shoulder.
*For optimal viewing, enable captions (CC) and HD by adjusting settings at film’s lower right hand corner. For helpful basic techniques, select ‘Draping Basics’ under filter options.