This drape features cascading, pre-ironed pleats. It is worn by the Christian community in Kerala with a stitched blouse as an upper garment.
- Sari Length 4 meters / 4.5 yards
- Sari Courtesy of Reena Kashyap
- Sari Detail Chikan, 100% cotton
- Associate Producer Good Earth
How-to Drape Instructions
- Pre-iron 12 small cascading pleats with inner end, and hold at center back waist.
- With legs shoulder width apart, drape outer end twice clockwise under pleats. Double knot at right waist.
- Tuck remaining end in at right waist.
*For optimal viewing, enable captions (CC) and HD by adjusting settings at film’s lower right hand corner. For helpful basic techniques, select ‘Draping Basics’ under filter options.