This drape is similar to the No. 55 Kaatakari which can be adapted longer or shorter, depending on the requirements of working in the fields or for other occasions.
- Sari Length 8 meters / 9 yards
- Sari Taanbaan
- Sari Detail Paithani, 100% cotton, khadi (handspun and handloom)
- Blouse Raw Mango
- Associate Producer Good Earth
How-to Drape Instructions
- Measure one meter of inner end piece and tie a knot at center front waist.
- Bring outer end piece anticlockwise and tuck in at left waist.
- Gather outer end piece and pull to cascade. Tuck in at left waist.
- Bring outer end piece between legs and tuck in at center back waist.
- Bring outer end piece around waist anticlockwise and hold at right waist.
- Using initial inner end piece, bring to back between legs and tuck in at center back waist.
- Drape pallu over left shoulder from front to back.
*For optimal viewing, enable captions (CC) and HD by adjusting settings at film’s lower right hand corner. For helpful basic techniques, select ‘Draping Basics’ under filter options.