Similar to the No. 55 Kaatakari and No. 56 Thakkar drapes, this is another ingenious way in which the between-the-legs drape can be adapted both for work in the fields or longer as formal wear.
- Sari Length 8 meters / 9 yards
- Sari Raw Mango
- Sari Detail Chanderi, Silk and cotton
- Associate Producer Good Earth
How-to Drape Instructions
- Drape pallu over left shoulder at knee length.
- Bring outer end piece once around body clockwise and tie a knot at left waist.
- Tuck in outer end piece at right waist.
- Make about 2-3 pleats and tuck in at right waist.
- Bring lower end piece between legs and tuck in at center back waist.
- Pleat outer end piece once and tuck in at left waist.
- Bring outer end piece once around body clockwise.
- Gather and pull to cascade. Tuck in at right waist.
- Bring outer end piece around body. Gather and tuck in at waist.
- Continue draping across waist. Gather remaining outer end piece and twist, forming a waistband. Tuck in to secure.
- Open pallu and drape over left shoulder. Bring pallu from back to front and tuck in at center back waist.
*For optimal viewing, enable captions (CC) and HD by adjusting settings at film’s lower right hand corner. For helpful basic techniques, select ‘Draping Basics’ under filter options.