This drape is worn by newly married Vaishnava Brahmin women of the Visakhapatnam coastal region of Andhra Pradesh. It is a formal drape worn to ankle length, shown here using an unconventional jersey textile.
- Sari Length 6.5 meters / 7 yards
- Sari Jersey viscose
- Sari Detail 100% jersey viscose
- Blouse Everlane
- Associate Producer Good Earth
How-to Drape Instructions
- Double knot sari at left waist, leaving one meter from inner end on left hand side.
- Pick up entire outer end and bring to back from between legs.
- Pick up lower edge of outer end and tuck in at right waist.
- Bring outer end once clockwise to center front, pleat twice and tuck in at center front waist.
- Bring outer end around the body once clockwise and drape pallu over right shoulder.
- Bring initial portion of inner end between the legs and tuck in at center back waist.
*For optimal viewing, enable captions (CC) and HD by adjusting settings at film’s lower right hand corner. For helpful basic techniques, select ‘Draping Basics’ under filter options.