This drape from northern Orissa reflects the influence of Bengal which incudes the broad fold tucked in at left waist.
- Sari Length 5 meters / 5.5 yards
- Sari Raw Mango
- Sari Detail Banarasi, 100% silk
- Associate Producer Good Earth
How-to Drape Instructions
- Double knot sari at right waist with inner end in front.
- Tuck outer end in at left waist.
- Make about 6 pleats with outer end. Tuck in at center front waist.
- Measure an arm’s length of outer end and tuck right edge in at center back waist.
- Drape pallu front to back over left shoulder. Bring pallu anticlockwise and tuck right edge in at left waist.
*For optimal viewing, enable captions (CC) and HD by adjusting settings at film’s lower right hand corner. For helpful basic techniques, select ‘Draping Basics’ under filter options.