This tribal drape from southern Orissa is hands-free and often worn shorter depending on work requirements.
- Sari Length 5.5 meters / 6 yards
- Sari Courtesy of Anita Lal
- Sari Detail 100% cotton, khadi (handspun and handloom) with Paithani border
- Blouse Victoria's Secret
- Associate Producer Good Earth
How-to Drape Instructions
- Double knot sari at right waist with inner end in front.
- Lift and tuck inner edge about two inches.
- Make about 6 pleats with outer end. Bring clockwise and tuck in at center back waist.
- Bring outer end anticlockwise and drape front to back over left shoulder.
- Drape pallu around chest clockwise, bring back to front over right shoulder and knot with edge of front drape.
*For optimal viewing, enable captions (CC) and HD by adjusting settings at film’s lower right hand corner. For helpful basic techniques, select ‘Draping Basics’ under filter options.