This dance drape from central and eastern Orissa is a between-the-legs drape allowing for greater mobility.
- Sari Length 8 meters / 9 yards
- Sari Raw Mango
- Sari Detail Chanderi, Silk and cotton
- Blouse Everlane
- Associate Producer Good Earth
How-to Drape Instructions
- Double knot sari at center front waist, leaving an arm's length of inner end on left.
- Pleat inner end of sari completely.
- Bring between legs and tuck in at center back waist.
- Make about 12 pleats with outer end. Tuck in at center front waist.
- Pleat pallu. Bring to back anticlockwise and pass through center back.
- Drape pallu front to back over left shoulder.