This drape is worn by older Vaishnava Brahmin women of the Visakhapatnam coastal region of Andhra Pradesh. It is a slight variation of the No. 6 Gudakattu allowing for greater mobility.
- Sari Length 7.5 meters / 8 yards
- Sari 11.11 / eleven eleven
- Sari Detail Ajrakh and bandhani, 100% silk
- Blouse Hotel Particulier
- Associate Producer Verve
How-to Drape Instructions
- Divide sari in half and double knot at center front waist.
- Bring right half between legs and tuck in at center back waist.
- Bring right half to front, and drape over left shoulder.
- Pleat entire left half and tuck in at center front waist.
- Bring lower edge of innermost pleat between legs and tuck in at center back waist.
- Remove pallu from shoulder and tuck in at right waist.
- Bring the remainder of the sari clockwise around body and drape pallu over right shoulder.
*For optimal viewing, enable captions (CC) and HD by adjusting settings at film’s lower right hand corner. For helpful basic techniques, select ‘Draping Basics’ under filter options.