This drape is worn by the Padma Sale weaving community of the Telengana district. It requires a rare sari that has two pallus. This sari is from Hermès, who created 10 saris for the Indian market in 2011. Remarkably, one included a double pallu.
- Sari Length 5.5 meters / 6 yards
- Sari Hermès
- Sari Detail 100% silk chiffon
- Blouse Rashmi Varma
- Associate Producer Verve
How-to Drape Instructions
- Double knot sari at right waist with inner end in front.
- Bring outer end once anticlockwise, leaving a big loop, and drape both pallus front to back over left shoulder.
- Tuck in at left waist and make pleats with remaining outer end. With pleats facing right, tuck in at center front waist.
- Drape innermost pallu over left shoulder.
- Bring other pallu clockwise. Pleat and tuck in at center front waist. Adjust pallu accordingly.
*For optimal viewing, enable captions (CC) and HD by adjusting settings at film’s lower right hand corner. For helpful basic techniques, select ‘Draping Basics’ under filter options.