This drape is worn by the Aiyer Brahmins of central Tamil Nadu. It is equally elaborate and functional with a concealed between-the-legs tuck in requiring a nine-yard sari.
- Sari Length 8 meters / 9 yards
- Sari Sari -Silver, Hemang Agrawal; Sari - Black Pashmina, courtesy of Malika Verma Kashyap
- Sari Detail Sari 1: Pure metal (alloy of copper and silver), Sari 2: Pashmina, 100% wool
- Blouse Rashmi Varma
- Associate Producer Good Earth
How-to Drape Instructions
- Make about 12 pleats with inner end. Hold at center back waist.
- Drape inner end clockwise around body and double knot at center front waist.
- Fold an arm’s length of outer end, make about 3 pleats and tuck in at right waist.
- Make about 3 pleats with left edge and tuck in at left waist.
- Bring outer end between legs and tuck in at center back waist.
- Drape outer end clockwise and tuck in at waist.
- Drape pallu front to back over right shoulder. Adjust legs accordingly.
*For optimal viewing, enable captions (CC) and HD by adjusting settings at film’s lower right hand corner. For helpful basic techniques, select ‘Draping Basics’ under filter options.