This is a Bharatnatyam dance drape of northern and central Tamil Nadu, requiring its pleats to be held together by rolling them into a ‘pouch’.
- Sari Length 8 meters / 9 yards
- Sari Taanbaan
- Sari Detail 100% cotton, khadi (handspun and handloom)
- Blouse Cédric Charlier
- Associate Producer Verve
How-to Drape Instructions
- Double knot sari at right waist with inner end in front.
- Make about 20 pleats with outer end.
- Bring pallu back to front over left shoulder.
- Roll pleats into a pouch using inner portion.
- Bring center pleat between legs. Pleat 3 times and adjust for length. Tuck in at center back waist.
- Drape pallu back to front over left shoulder.
*For optimal viewing, enable captions (CC) and HD by adjusting settings at film’s lower right hand corner. For helpful basic techniques, select ‘Draping Basics’ under filter options.