This Kuchipudi drape for female dancers of central Andhra Pradesh requires a 9-yard length for greater mobility.
- Sari Length 8 meters / 9 yards
- Sari Kanya
- Sari Detail Kanjeevaram, 100% silk
- Blouse Rashmi Varma
- Associate Producer Good Earth
How-to Drape Instructions
- Double knot sari at right waist with inner end in front.
- Bring outer end anticlockwise and drape pallu over right shoulder from back to front. Tuck in at left waist.
- Pleat remainder of sari and tuck in at center front waist.
- Bring pallu anticlockwise from under the right arm and drape over the left shoulder.
- Bring center pleat between legs. Make small pleats. Remove pallu and tuck in at center back waist.
- Pleat pallu completely. Pass pallu under gathered pleats at center back waist and bring to front anticlockwise.
- Drape pallu over left shoulder. Bring to front and tuck in at left waist. Adjust legs accordingly.
*For optimal viewing, enable captions (CC) and HD by adjusting settings at film’s lower right hand corner. For helpful basic techniques, select ‘Draping Basics’ under filter options.