This is a grand drape worn by the Golla shepherd community and Gudati Kapulu agriculturists of southern Andhra Pradesh.
- Sari Length 8 meters / 9 yards
- Sari Taanbaan
- Sari Detail Banarasi, 100% silk
- Blouse Manoush
- Associate Producer Good Earth
How-to Drape Instructions
- Double knot sari at right waist, with inner end in front.
- Lift the inner end and tuck in about two inches.
- Bring outer end anticlockwise and drape pallu over left shoulder.
- Pleat remainder of sari. Turn pleats to face the right and tuck in at center waist.
- Pick up both extreme ends of pleats. Bring around either side, and tuck in at center back waist. Adjust borders, pleats and volume as required
*For optimal viewing, enable captions (CC) and HD by adjusting settings at film’s lower right hand corner. For helpful basic techniques, select ‘Draping Basics’ under filter options.