Border&Fall is a digital publication and strategic agency working across India’s craft and fashion communities. The Sari Series is a non-profit undertaking by Border&Fall.
By visiting or using http://thesariseries.com/ (“Website”) including its Content (as defined below), YOU HEREBY CONSENT, ACCEPT AND UNDERTAKE to abide by the terms and conditions of the Website (“Terms of the Website”) contained herein. This Terms of the Website constitutes an electronic record which does not require physical signature in order to indicate acceptance. The continued use by You of the Website shall be deemed to constitute acceptance of the Terms of the Website contained herein and shall operate to bind You to the Terms of the Website. If You (as defined below) do not agree to any of these terms, then please do not use the Website and any such use shall be unauthorized and without a valid license.
This is a legal and binding agreement between you, the user (“You”) of the Website and Border&Fall, a sole proprietary concern, acting through its sole proprietor Malika Verma, having office at 5 Kingston Road, Skyline Residency Flat 15, Richmond Town, Bangalore, Karnataka 560025, India (“Border&Fall”).
DESCRIPTION OF WEBSITE
Border&Fall is a digital publication and strategic agency working across India’s craft and fashion communities. Border&Fall has created a non-profit project titled “The Sari Series: An Anthology of Drape” that documents the various regional sari drapes of India including 89 how-to drape films and three independent films (“The Sari Series”).
OWNERSHIP OF CONTENT
All content on the Website including without limitation the text, software, application program interface, scripts, graphics, photos, sounds, music, news, articles, images, illustrations, audio clips, video clips, links, interactive features, RSS feeds, applications (“Content”) and the trademarks, service marks and logos on the Website (“Marks”), are owned by or licensed to Border&Fall and subject to copyright and other intellectual property laws in India and other jurisdictions. The Content or Marks may not be used, copied, modified, edited, reproduced, distributed, transmitted, broadcast, displayed, sold, licensed, stored, performed or otherwise exploited in whole or in part nor can any derivative work be created from such Content other than (a) as expressly provided through the limited license in Section 3 below; or (b) by the written consent of Border&Fall which can be obtained by writing to [email protected]
- Personal and Non-commercial use: The Contents of the Website are intended for Your personal and non-commercial use. You may download or copy the Content and other downloadable items displayed on the Site or Services for personal use, provided that (a) You maintain and abide by any copyright, trademark or other proprietary notice contained in the Content that You download or print; (b) You expressly attribute such Content to The Sari Series by Border&Fall; and (c) when publishing as media, you will not publish more than 15 of the images and/or films from the Website. Except as expressly authorized by Border&Fall, You are not allowed to create a database in electronic or paper form of all or any part of the Content appearing on the Website.
- Press and Promotional materials: The full press kit including images available for download (“Press Material”) can be found here. Border&Fall provides You a limited, non-exclusive license to publish any Press Material on an as-is basis without any modification in any public media. The activities listed below require the prior written consent of Border&Fall, which can be obtained by writing to [email protected]:
- modification to the Press Material or Content; or
- use of Border&Fall Marks; or
- quotes from any Border&Fall representative; or
- publishing as media more than 15 of the images and/or films from the Website.
- For the avoidance of doubt, any press agency involved with the Sari Series will also require consent for the above listed activities. Further, Border&Fall reserves the right to disseminate press materials announcing The Sari Series.
- Screenings: Any broadcast, transmission, display or performance of parts or the whole of The Sari Series will be subject to prior written permission and separate terms and conditions. Such prior written permission may be obtained by writing to [email protected]
- Social Media: Border&Fall welcomes You to publicize Your patronage, participation or inclusion of Your garment by providing a limited, non-exclusive license to use any clip, image, film or visual file from the Website (“Social Media File”) subject to the following conditions:
- the Social Media Files should not be modified or edited;
- the Social Media File can only be used for display on Your official social media handle;
- The Social Media File cannot be used for a call to buy or sale of any of Your products. The Marks may not be used to market, promote of sell Your product or for indicating that Border&Fall is endorsing Your product.
- You may not use the words “partnership,” “sponsorship” or any other term that suggests the existence of a joint venture or other relationship between You and Border&Fall.
- The Social Medial File should always appear together with (a) the attribution to The Sari Series by Border&Fall; (b) a direct link to http://thesariseries.com/ and (c) hashtag #TheSariSeries, as per the following sample guideline – “We are delighted to be one of the patrons / textile loaners / participants of Border&Fall’s The Sari Series: An Anthology of Drape, now live: www.thesariseries.com. #TheSariSeries”; and
- You will not publish more than 15 of the images and/or films from the Website.
You may have an opportunity to publish, transmit, submit or otherwise post reviews, comments or other materials (“User Feedback”). With respect to such User Feedback, You hereby provide Border&Fall an exclusive, irrevocable, sub-licensable, royalty free, worldwide and perpetual license to use any User Feedback without any limitations. You hereby provide your consent to Border&Fall to take down any User Feedback posted by You that is objectionable or unlawful in the sole discretion of Border&Fall.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
For any link provided to a third party website on the Website, You will be subject to the terms and conditions of the respective third party website. When you click on such third party link within the Website, we will not warn you that you have left the Website. Border&Fall is not responsible or liable to You for any content or other material hosted on such third party website.
CHANGE IN THE TERMS OF THE WEBSITE
The Terms of the Website is subject to revisions at any time, as determined by Border&Fall, without notice, and any such changes are effective immediately upon being posted on the Website. Any use of the Website thereafter will be deemed to be an acceptance of these changes by You. You are strongly urged to read these Terms of the Website in its entirety and to periodically check this page to understand how modifications or revisions to this policy affect the use of the Content and Marks. Border&Fall will not be responsible for Your failure to remain informed about such changes.
ABILITY TO ACCEPT THE TERMS
You affirm and undertake that You are either above 18 years of age or possess legal parental or guardian consent, and are fully able and competent to enter into the terms and conditions as set forth in this Terms of the Website.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
You agree that use of the Website is at Your own risk. The Website and the Content are being provided on an “as-is” basis to the fullest extent permitted by law, without warranties of any kind, either express or implied. Without limiting the foregoing, Border&Fall does not make any warranties of fitness for a particular purpose, title, merchantability, completeness, availability, security, compatibility or non-infringement or that the Website or Content will be uninterrupted, free of viruses and other harmful components, accurate, error free or reliable.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
In no case shall Border&Fall be liable for any indirect, incidental, punitive, special or consequential damages arising from Your access or use of the Website or any Content.
The Terms of the Website is governed by the laws of India. Any dispute in relation to the Terms of the Website shall be brought exclusively before the courts of Bangalore, India.
If any provision is held invalid, void or unenforceable, then that provision shall be considered severable from the remaining provisions, and the remaining provisions will be given full force and effect.
This Terms of the Website constitutes the entire agreement between You and Border&Fall superseding any other prior agreements between You and Border&Fall for such use.