This is the men’s version of the No. 8 Kuchipudi dance drape of central Andhra Pradesh. It is draped between the legs and the torso remains bare. The antique Telia Rumal shown here is a coveted double ikat weave native to Andhra Pradesh.
- Sari Length 8 meters / 9 yards
- Sari Courtesy of Sabita Radhakrishna
- Sari Detail Telia Rumaal, 100% cotton, handloom
- Blouse Rashmi Varma
- Associate Producer Christine Barr Sullivan
How-to Drape Instructions
- Divide sari in half and double knot at center front waist.
- Bring left half between legs. Pleat outer edge. Adjust for drape and tuck in at center back waist.
- Make about 6 pleats on the right half from outer edge towards inner. Tuck in at center front waist.
*For optimal viewing, enable captions (CC) and HD by adjusting settings at film’s lower right hand corner. For helpful basic techniques, select ‘Draping Basics’ under filter options.