This drape is worn by the Tamil Iyengars of Karnataka. It requires a lift and tuck of the back drape and a concealed between-the-legs drape.
- Sari Length 7.5 meters / 8 yards
- Sari Loom to Luxury
- Sari Detail Silk and polyester
- Blouse Rashmi Varma
- Associate Producer Verve
How-to Drape Instructions
- Double knot sari at right waist with inner end in front.
- Make around 3 pleats with outer end and tuck in at center front waist.
- Bring outer end anticlockwise and tuck in at left waist.
- Lift and tuck back of sari into waist, raising back hemline to calf length.
- Bring remaining outer end anticlockwise and tuck in at center front waist.
- Bring outer end between legs and partly tuck in at center back waist.
- Bring outer end to front, anticlockwise, gathering and tucking in at front waist.
- With feet apart, drape once around body anticlockwise.
- Drape pallu over left shoulder.
- Bring pallu around body and tuck in at left waist.
*For optimal viewing, enable captions (CC) and HD by adjusting settings at film’s lower right hand corner. For helpful basic techniques, select ‘Draping Basics’ under filter options.