This is a double kashta (tucked) between-the-legs drape from southern Madhya Pradesh. It is versatile and adaptable for formal wear as well as working in the fields.
- Sari Length 8 meters / 9 yards
- Sari Rashmi Varma
- Sari Detail 100% cotton, khadi (handspun and handloom)
- Associate Producer Good Earth
How-to Drape Instructions
- Drape outer end of sari twice clockwise, keeping inner end in front. Double knot at right waist and allow inner end to fold over.
- Bring pallu anticlockwise and drape from back to front over right shoulder, leaving a large loop.
- Make pleats with remaining outer end. Leaving one arm’s length, tuck in at center front waist. Allow inner end to fold over.
- Bring outer left pleat between legs and tuck in at center back waist. Adjust legs for length.
- Tuck in outer right pleat at center front waist. Allow inner end to fold over.
- Drape pallu over head and right shoulder. Tuck in right edge at center back waist.
*For optimal viewing, enable captions (CC) and HD by adjusting settings at film’s lower right hand corner. For helpful basic techniques, select ‘Draping Basics’ under filter options.