This drape from northern Bihar has front pleats which form a peplum. This leheriya sari is hand dyed by Master Tyebji of Jodhpur.
- Sari Length 4.5 meters / 5 yards
- Sari Tyebji of Jodphur, courtesy of Arati Gupta
- Sari Detail Leheriya, 100% silk chiffon
- Blouse H&M
- Associate Producer Verve
How-to Drape Instructions
- Make about 6 pleats with inner end of sari and hold at center front waist.
- Bring outer end once anticlockwise and knot over the pleats.
- Allow pleats to fall outwards and gently pull to fan.
- Bring outer end anticlockwise and drape pallu from back to front over right shoulder. Tuck in end at center back waist.
- Drape remaining pallu over the head.
*For optimal viewing, enable captions (CC) and HD by adjusting settings at film’s lower right hand corner. For helpful basic techniques, select ‘Draping Basics’ under filter options.