This is a short knee-length shepherd's drape worn in north Goa. It is appropriate for herding in the forest though it can be more formally draped with the two sides let down to calf length.
- Sari Length 8 meters / 9 yards
- Sari Taanbaan
- Sari Detail 100% cotton, khadi (handspun and handloom)
- Associate Producer Good Earth
How-to Drape Instructions
- Using waist length as a measure, fold inner end of sari into two.
- Drape folded piece anticlockwise and double knot at right waist.
- Make about 6 pleats with outer end and tuck in at center front waist.
- Bring outer end anticlockwise and drape over left shoulder.
- Bring center pleat between legs and tuck in at center back waist.
- Bring pallu to front and tuck in at left waist. Adjust legs accordingly. As a second variation, this drape can be worn shorter.
- Tuck innermost drape in at left waist.
- Tuck right drape in at right waist.
- Bring center pleat between legs and tuck in at center back waist. Adjust borders accordingly.
- Bring pallu to front and tuck in at center back waist.