This drape worn by Kunbi Christian farm labour is calf length, a practical necessity for working in the fields.
- Sari Length 6.5 meters / 7 yards
- Sari Wendell Rodricks
- Sari Detail Kunbi, 100% cotton
- Blouse O 2'nd
- Associate Producer Verve
How-to Drape Instructions
- Fold inner end width of sari one third so that it falls below knees.
- Using arm's length as a measure, fold this piece into two. Bring folded piece anticlockwise and double knot at right waist.
- Tuck outer end in at right waist.
- Drape pallu around chest anticlockwise.
- Bring over right shoulder and knot with edge of front drape.
- Make about 6 pleats with remainder of sari and tuck in at center front waist.
- Untuck last pleat. Drape this portion over remaining pleats and tuck in at right waist.