This tribal drape from southwestern Jharkhand begins with a knotted set of pleats at the navel akin to a ‘flower in bloom’.
- Sari Length 4.5 meters / 5 yards
- Sari Courtesy of Malika Verma Kashyap
- Sari Detail Lace, 100% nylon
- Blouse Comme des Garçons
- Associate Producer Good Earth
How-to Drape Instructions
- Hold inner end with left hand and make about 6 pleats with outer end.
- Use inner end to tie knot around gathered pleats at center front waist.
- Bring outer end anticlockwise and drape front to back over right shoulder.
- Drape remaining outer end under fanned pleats anticlockwise and tuck in at waist.
- Fan pleats into a flower.
*For optimal viewing, enable captions (CC) and HD by adjusting settings at film’s lower right hand corner. For helpful basic techniques, select ‘Draping Basics’ under filter options.