This is a functional between-the-legs drape which ends in a bow, worn by the nomadic ceremonial performers of northern Karnataka.
- Sari Length 7.5 meters / 8 yards
- Sari Taanbaan
- Sari Detail 100% silk
- Blouse H&M
- Associate Producer Good Earth
How-to Drape Instructions
- Double knot sari at center front waist with right side twice the length of left.
- Bring left side between legs and tuck in at center back waist.
- Bring right side between legs and tuck in at center back waist.
- Bring right side anticlockwise and drape over left shoulder.
- With remaining left side and right side, tie a bow at right waist.
*For optimal viewing, enable captions (CC) and HD by adjusting settings at film’s lower right hand corner. For helpful basic techniques, select ‘Draping Basics’ under filter options.