This is a practical agriculturist’s drape which is hitched higher for work in the fields with bare legs in the rear.
- Sari Length 8 meters / 9 yards
- Sari Courtesy of Usha Subramanian
- Sari Detail Kanjeevaram, 100% silk
- Blouse Banarasi, courtesy of Sudha Kashyap
- Associate Producer Verve
How-to Drape Instructions
- Drape pallu over left shoulder.
- Measuring a waist length of front drape, bring around body clockwise and double knot both edges at left waist.
- Bring outer end clockwise and tuck in at right waist.
- Gather upper edge of outer end and pull to cascade. Tuck in at right waist.
- Drape outer end piece once clockwise and tuck in at right waist.
- Bring lower edge of outer drape between legs and tuck in at center back waist.
- Tuck front portion of outer end piece into front waist.
- Drape remaining outer end piece clockwise and tuck in at waist. Adjust legs accordingly.
- Bring right edge of pallu back to front and tuck in at left waist.
*For optimal viewing, enable captions (CC) and HD by adjusting settings at film’s lower right hand corner. For helpful basic techniques, select ‘Draping Basics’ under filter options.