This drape requires adaptability for working in salt harvesting fields, featuring the option of wearing it shorter at calf length or longer as formal wear.
- Sari Length 8 meters / 9 yards
- Sari Raw Mango
- Sari Detail Chanderi, Silk and cotton
- Blouse Everlane
- Associate Producer Good Earth
How-to Drape Instructions
- Drape pallu over left shoulder till floor length.
- Bring outer end piece once around body and tie a knot at left waist.
- Bring inner end piece between legs and hold.
- Bring outer end piece clockwise, make about 3 pleats and tuck in at right waist.
- Using right foot to secure lower border, bring outer end piece once around body, make about 3 pleats and tuck in at right waist.
- Using left foot to secure lower border, bring outer end piece clockwise, make about 3 pleats and tuck in at center front waist.
- Gather outer end piece and pull to cascade. Tuck in at right waist.
- Bring outer end around body once clockwise. Twist and drape across waist, forming a waistband. Tuck in to secure.
- Bring initial end piece between legs and tuck in at center back waist.
- Open pallu and drape over left shoulder. Bring edge from back to front and tuck in at center back waist.
*For optimal viewing, enable captions (CC) and HD by adjusting settings at film’s lower right hand corner. For helpful basic techniques, select ‘Draping Basics’ under filter options.