This is a tribal drape from central Orissa. It is shown here on a Saktapar sari woven in Sambalpur, Orissa.
- Sari Length 5.5 meters / 6 yards
- Sari Courtesy of Manisha Gera Baswani
- Sari Detail Saktapar, 100% silk
- Blouse Rashmi Varma
- Associate Producer High Heel Confidential
How-to Drape Instructions
- Double knot sari at right waist with inner end in front.
- Bring lower edge of inner end between legs and tuck in at center back waist.
- Drape outer end once anticlockwise and tuck in at right waist.
- Using an arm’s length measure, drape pallu front to back over left shoulder.
- Bring left portion to back and tuck in at center back waist.
- Bring pallu from back to front and drape over left arm.
*For optimal viewing, enable captions (CC) and HD by adjusting settings at film’s lower right hand corner. For helpful basic techniques, select ‘Draping Basics’ under filter options.