This drape from central Bengal is worn without pleats and incudes a deep fold in the final drape allowing for greater mobility.
- Sari Length 5 meters / 5.5 yards
- Sari Nicobar
- Sari Detail Chanderi, Silk and cotton
- Blouse Vintage, courtesy of Reena Kashyap
- Associate Producer Good Earth
How-to Drape Instructions
- Double knot sari at right waist with inner end in front.
- Bring outer end anticlockwise and tuck in at center back waist.
- Measure an arm’s length of outer end. Drape left side front to back over left shoulder.
- Bring right side clockwise and tuck in at center back waist.
- Drape outer end over head. Drape pallu anticlockwise and tuck in at center back waist.