This drape is worn in southern and central Karnataka. It wraps around the body and requires the pleats to be secured by rolling them into a ‘pouch’.
- Sari Length 7.5 meters / 8 yards
- Sari Norblack Norwhite
- Sari Detail Cotton lurex, hand dyed
- Blouse Undercover
- Associate Producer Good Earth
How-to Drape Instructions
- Double knot sari at right waist with inner end in front.
- Bring pallu anticlockwise once around body and drape over left shoulder.
- Make pleats with remaining inner end.
- Roll pleats into a pouch using innermost drape. Gently fan pleats.
- Bring pallu over left shoulder and bring to front over right shoulder.
*For optimal viewing, enable captions (CC) and HD by adjusting settings at film’s lower right hand corner. For helpful basic techniques, select ‘Draping Basics’ under filter options.