This between-the-legs drape is worn by upper class Brahmin women in central and southern Karnataka.
- Sari Length 8 meters / 9 yards
- Sari Prabal Gurung
- Sari Detail 100% silk satin
- Blouse Prabal Gurung
- Associate Producer Good Earth
How-to Drape Instructions
- Double knot sari at right waist with inner end in front.
- Bring outer end anticlockwise and drape pallu over left shoulder.
- Bring center portion of outer end back to front between legs and tuck under knot at center front waist.
- Make about 12 pleats with remaining outer end.
- Roll pleats into a pouch using innermost drape. Secure with back drape.
- Bring center pleat between legs and tuck in at center back waist.
- Drape pallu over left shoulder and bring back to front over right shoulder.
*For optimal viewing, enable captions (CC) and HD by adjusting settings at film’s lower right hand corner. For helpful basic techniques, select ‘Draping Basics’ under filter options.