This drape is worn by male characters of the Yakshagana Theatre of southern and coastal Karnataka. Its final drape in the film shows a backside that (clearly) needs to be adjusted!
- Sari Length 8 meters / 9 yards
- Sari Courtesy of Leela Kalyanaraman
- Sari Detail Kanjeevaram, 100% silk
- Associate Producer Good Earth
How-to Drape Instructions
- Make about 20 pleats with inner end of sari.
- Hold pleats at center front waist. Release 2-3 pleats and bring around body clockwise. Make a knot at right waist, allowing pleats to fold over.
- Bring outer end piece anticlockwise and drape pallu over left shoulder.
- Bring center pleat between legs. Fan pleats across back and tie a knot at center front waist.
- Tie a knot at front waist using both edges of pallu.
- Tie a string around left ankle to secure. Tie a string around right ankle to secure.
- Tie a string under left knee to secure. Tie a string under right knee to secure.
- Adjust legs accordingly. Adjust backside accordingly if required.